Maybe you know someone who has done a juice cleanse diet and heard of the great benefits. If you want to do it yourself but do not know how to, then just read on. Sometimes ago, we used to take juice for a change of water, coffee or tea. But recently a lot of benefits have been realized from juice. One thing about them is that they are very delicious and very effective when dieting. They are also good when you want to do a healthy detox.
The fact that juice is a liquid diet, it can only be done for a short period of time, ranging from one to thirty days. If you decide to exceed that period, be under close medical supervision. It works effectively as a detox because of the absence of solid food.
Juices from fruits and vegetables are great sources of nutrients for the body. They are easily digested hence cannot aggravate the digestive system. Another great benefits is that, they give your body time to get rid of toxins, without absorbing new ones. They also give the liver time to repair and rejuvenate itself. To get juices from fruits or vegetables, you can choose either to blend or squeeze them, as per what works best for you. You can use, cabbage, kale, apples, carrots, pineapple or spinach.
To get a successful juice cleanse, follow the following:
- Take juice cleanse mostly in spring, or in months which are a bit warm. During cold months, juice alone cannot sustain you.
- A week before you start the juice cleanse plan, avoid foods such as eggs, sugar, fish, meat, dairy products and avoid smoking and alcohol.
- You should drink around 34- 64 ounces of juice each day. The drinks should be regularly spaced throughout the day. Mix all fruits you want but avoid citric fruits as they can lead to stomach upsets.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be used all through. This is because they are full of the nutrients and enzymes essential for rejuvenation. They are also free from any preservatives.
- If within the process you find the juice diet too difficult for you, you can take small meals of steamed vegetable or salad in between. It will be good for you.
- When you are done with juice detox, do not go back to eating solid food immediately as it will be a great shock to your digestive system. For instance, after the first day of juice cleanse diet, you can take something like steamed cabbages. Take around six to seven days before eating normally.